Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tiny Pumpkins

Heading to St Lawrence market today to pick up some of the tiny decorative pumpkins and a pile of apples for my clinic www.360healthcare.com.  We have had a huge amount of changes at 360 lately - Dr Danielle Gilas DC was with us for almost 5 years, and she recently left to work closer to her new west west end condo. She was very keen on the marketing weekend seminars, "make your millions" type self help inspirational stuff. Not my style - but, I did learn some through her by osmosis - and, she had a very successful practice. After one seminar, she came into work with a large glass bowl, and some apples. "Increasing value of the visit" was the theme. As in, what Else can we offer our clients to improve their 360 experience beyond the great treatment? I turned my nose up at the time, not wanting to take on grocery shopping for the clinic, but I have since decided she was onto something!!

I have always done some minor holiday decorating at 360. Last year I was so unhappy I never even unpacked the Russian St Nick that always comes out in December. This year I am re-inspired! So, heading out for tiny pumpkins & fresh crisp Ontario apples.  I am going to bring the spider-shaped bowl from home, and maybe even hang a few rubber bats in the window. Celebrating the harvest, and decorating the clinic finally feels appropriate again.